ROLAND VERSAUV LEF-SERIES
- Prints CMYK plus White and Clear Coat directly on a wide variety of substrates, including three-dimensional items
- Maximum work area (LEF-300): 770mm x 330mm x 100mm (30" x 13" x 4")
- Maximum work area (LEF-200): 508mm x 330mm x 100mm (20" x 13" x 4")
- Maximum work area (LEF-12): 305mm x 280mm x 100mm (12” x 11” x 4”)
- Long-lasting UV LED lamps are safe, energy efficient and generate minimum heat
- Advanced ECO-UV inks are instant-drying and flexible so they won't crack
- White ink is ideal for producing rich, dense colour graphics on clear and metallic substrates
- Clear Coat produces matte or gloss finishes and improves scratch and chemical resistance and outdoor durability
- Patent-pending Automatic Ink Circulation System minimises wasted ink
- Fully enclosed system eliminates the risk of UV light exposure to the eyes and skin, while virtually eliminating dust and debris, as well the odor of the UV inks.
- VersaWorks software RIP features the Roland Color System for spot colour matching, Variable Data Printing, the Roland Texture Library, and much more
- Variable Data Printing
- Three-Year Heads and All Warranty
State of the art UV LED Curing System
The VersaUV LEF Series include a UV LED lamp (two lamps on the LEF-300) that offers many advantages over conventional UV lamps.
- Longer life – the LED lamp on the VersaUV series lasts up to 10,000 hours, 10 times longer than conventional UV lamps.
- Low heat and highly energy-efficient – while conventional UV lamps can reach temperatures as high as 1500°F (800°C), LED lamps are extremely energy-efficient and generate very little heat. This virtually eliminates all risks associated with high heat, such as damage to the substrate and head crashes caused by media deformation.
- Instant On/Off – LED lamps can be turned on and off instantly and are ready to use immediately after the printer is turned on. Conventional curing systems may take several minutes to reach the nominal output level and require complex, noisy and failure-prone shutter systems to protect the substrate and the head’s capping system from exposure to heat and UV radiation.
- Equipped with a state-of-the-art LED curing system, the LEF Series uses clear coat that allows for a choice of gloss or matte finishing. When using a matte clear coat finish, the printing process is completed in one step, with clear coat placed and UV cured at the same time. When performing gloss finishing or embossing, a layer of clear coat is applied with UV curing, followed by a second layer without UV curing. The machine then automatically returns to origin and starts the UV curing process.
VersaWorks RIP Software
VersaWorks RIP software was developed by Roland engineers for the company’s wide-format inkjet devices. VersaWorks combines powerful features with an easy-to-use interface for outstanding results print after print. Based on the latest Abobe CPSI engine (3019), VersaWorks is now faster and more precise than ever before and features advanced print server functions allowing users to manage up to four Roland inkjet devices simultaneously. VersaWorks also offers support for Roland’s GX series cutters which allows professionals to manage stand-alone cutting operations or pair a Roland cutter with a Roland inkjet printer for print/cut applications. The VersaWorks PerfCut function enables users to produce precision perforated cut lines. VersaWorks also allows users to select either conventional dual-pass or single-pass print modes for white ink applications.VersaWorks features also include proven productivity tools such as the Roland Colour System for easy, precise spot color matching, the Max Impact Preset for richer color contrast, and Variable Data Printing. Other VersaWorks features include embedded ICC profile support, ink level adjustment tools, software proofing capabilities and advanced cropping, tiling and nesting options. VersaWorks supports Windows 7, 8 and 10.
Roland Intelligent Pass Control
Roland Intelligent Pass Control technology developed by Roland software engineers represents the pinnacle of inkjet printing. This patent-pending system precisely controls dot placement between passes and delivers unprecedented imaging performance in all resolutions. The technology actually enhances image quality at higher print speeds thereby increasing productivity. As a result, the LEF printers produce smooth gradations and flawless solid colours while achieving faster throughput with virtually no banding in all print modes
Environmentally friendly ECO-UV Inks
The LEF-300, LEF-200 and LEF-12 come configured with CMYK plus White plus Clear Coat ECO-UV inks. ECO-UV ink was specially formulated for the VersaUV family of printers and printer/cutters to deliver high colour density and wide gamut for exceptional images print after print. Clear coat can produce a matte or high-gloss finish and improved scratch and chemical resistance for outdoor durability. It can also be built up for 3D textures and embossed effects. ECO-UV ink is perfect for applications such as promotional products, giftware, awards, signage, packaging, POP and small displays. ECO-UV ink lasts up to two years outdoors when flooded with clear coat and up to six months unprotected.
The CMYK + White + White mode achieves higher opacity without slowing down the printing with overprinting, perfect for white text and graphics, undercoats and to enhance the brightness of four-colour prints. The white produced with this ink configuration can be up to 1.5 times more opaque than the normal white, all without requiring a complicated workflow or overprinting.
ECO-UV Clear adds remarkably rich special effects ranging from high-gloss finishes for area highlights to custom-textured effects such as faux leather, crocodile skin and even Braille. The CMYK + Clear + Clear mode can build up three-dimensional textures twice as fast as the normal ink mode and can produce more dramatic effects with bigger reliefs.
ECO-UV ink shines for indoor graphics, offering superior scratch and chemical resistance. Outdoors, ECO-UV ink lasts up to two years when Clear is applied as a finish and up to six months without Clear. ECO-UV ink is packaged in no-mess 220ml cartridges and safe after curing.
ECO-UV ink adheres to a wide range of treated and untreated substrates with exceptional colour gamut. Instant-drying and flexible, ECO-UV ink produces prints that can be stretched and applied around curved surfaces and edges without cracking.
Laser Alignment System
Another Roland innovation is the built-in laser alignment system for the VersaUV LEF Series. With the laser alignment system, you can quickly and easily setup for different materials. To ensure proper image placement, there are two methods for setting the laser’s point of origin, including:
- Two-point reference – This method uses the lower right and upper left corner of the object as a reference point to generate a bounding box that can be read by Roland’s VersaWorks, to ensure proper image placement for printing on a variety of standard sized objects.
- Centre origin – Typically used for circular, curved or odd shaped items, this method requires the user to manually input the dimensions of the printable item into VersaWorks to set the reference point for the laser and ensure proper image placement.
To ensure outstanding print quality around the curvatures of objects, two mist filters are incorporated in the LEF-300, LEF-200 and LEF-12, one on the back of the unit and the other located between the print head and the UV lamp(s). These mist filters catch all residual ink that may mist when printing off the edge or curvature of a product. This cuts down on overspray and keeps the ink from settling on the printers internal components. Both filters are replaceable by the end user.
Fully Enclosed System
The VersaUV LEF Series is the only benchtop UV printer range that is fully enclosed. Having a fully enclosed system cuts the risk of UV light exposure to the skin and eyes, reduces dust and debris, and minimises ink odour.
Innovative Automated Ink Circulation System
It is a well-known fact that white ink contains heavy pigments that can settle over time, decreasing the density of white output and affecting the nozzles if not purged from the system periodically. Roland’s innovative patent-pending system circulates the white ink to prevent the settling of pigments in the lines. In addition, the system controls the discharge of white ink by monitoring white ink usage and the types of jobs that are printed.
By preventing unnecessary discharges and minimizing the amount of ink that is subject to settling, this automated system significantly reduces ink waste and virtually eliminates all manual white ink maintenance procedures.
Three Year "Heads & All" Warranty
There's no question that Roland inkjets combine unbeatable performance with legendary Roland reliability. As further proof of their unmatched reliability, Roland is pleased to offer an unprecedented Three-Year Heads and all Warranty on the VersaUV LEF-300, LEF-200 and LEF-12. All that's required for this bonus is adherence to the Roland extended warranty terms - full details available upon request.
Energy Efficient and Ozone Free
The LEF Series require a fraction of the power required by conventional UV printers and can be operated on a standard electrical outlet without an additional power supply. This low power design automatically saves thousands of dollars in electric bills each year and reduces considerably the emission of green house gases.
In addition, the LEFs use a light source that is completely ozone free and emits light in the range called Near-UV of the UV spectrum, making it a safe alternative to conventional UV lamps.
|Specification||LEF-300 VersaUV||LEF-200 VersaUV||LEF-12 VersaUV|
|RRP Ex GST||
|Max. Print Area||
770mm x 330mm
508mm x 330mm
305mm x 280mm
|Max. Media Height||
|Max. Media Width||
800mm x 360mm
538mm x 360mm
335m x 305mm
Ethernet (100Base-TX or 10Base-T)
6-Colour CMYK plus White and Clear Gloss
Maximum 1440 dpi
Automatic & Manual
220ml per cartridge
Ink level indicator for each colour, ink low warning system - Roland OnSupport
Roland VersaWorks Dual
|Heater Unit Temp Range||
Temperature 20-32° Celsius; Humidity 35-80%
Power cord, Drain Bottles, VersaWorks RIP, Users Manual, Setup Guide
(W) 1560mm x (D) 955mm x (H) 576mm
(W) 1202mm x (D) 962mm x (H) 549mm
(W) 998mm x (D) 867mm x (H) 546mm
110kg with Stand
85kg with Stand